Happy National Pi Day! (3.14) In order to make sure that we properly observe National Pi Day and do our due diligence, we are sharing with you our killer recipe for Southwest Chicken Pizza “Pie”!
This flatbread pizza is not only out of this world tasty, but super quick and simple to make as well! It’s a win-win!! I can’t decide what my favorite part is, but all the fresh ingredients and flavors come together perfectly to make the tastiest pizza!
I originally came up with this combo when I was having some friends over for dinner and I knew one of them was a vegetarian. I wanted to come up with something that she would be able to eat, but also still satisfy the rest of the carnivores in the room.
The solution: personal pizzas! This way I could make hers sans any meat and load up others with chicken and bacon! It was a huge hit, everyone was going back for more and my vegetarian friend was so grateful that I had thought of her! Like I said, win-win!
I especially like how quick and easy this pizza is! I was able to have it all prepped ahead of time and then assembled at the last minute, nice if you are pressed for time. Also, the crust is a Naan flatbread, so it’s pre-cooked and only needs to be warmed up. The other ingredients, the cilantro, red and green peppers, and chicken can all be cut up in advance and stored in the fridge until your ready to make your pies! Hope you love it as much as we did!
Southwest Grilled Chicken Pizza:
- 4 Naan flatbreads (in the bakery section of your grocery store)
- Olive oil
- 1 pound boneless/skinless chicken breast, cooked and cubed
- bacon bits
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Hidden Valley’s Southwest Chipotle Dressing
- 1 cup red pepper, diced
- 1 cup green pepper, diced
- ½ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado diced
- ½ cup red onion (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Place flatbreads onto two baking sheets and brush with olive oil
- Top flatbreads with a thin layer of mozzarella followed by your chicken, green and red peppers, bacon bits, and onion
- Use your remaining mozzarella to top off the pizzas and place in the over for 5-7 minutes or until the cheese is melted
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the cilantro and avocado over the pizzas, than drizzle the dressing, as desired, over everything
- Enjoy your Southwest Pizza Pie!