Hollywood (aka Brittany) took a fabulous winter retreat to Hawaii with her in-laws this January and returned bearing gifts! She bought us back real, Hawaiian, macadamia nuts. Not feeling up to the challenge of wiping out a whole bag of macadamia nuts plain, I began to think of a recipe that I could use them in and get the most out of my Hawaiian treat! Thus, the double chocolate macadamia nut cookie was born!
Let me just say these cookies are insane! Super rich, soft, chewy, and perfect with a glass of cold milk! I ate them so fast you would have thought I was in an eating competition…with myself. The diet starts tomorrow! Definitely give these cookies a try, I promise they’ll be amazing, even if your macadamia nuts aren’t from Hawaii, like mine!
- 1/3 cup Hershey’s unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl, whisk together cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and flour.
- In a large bowl cream butter and both sugars. Mix in the egg and vanilla until smooth. Add dry ingredients and mix until combined. Mix in chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons dough onto cookie sheets and flatten with the palm of your hand until about ½ inch thick. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool on tray for 5 minutes before removing.