Carchellany is going Caprese Crazy over these recipes! It’s time to empty your garden and fill your kitchen with these amazing, Italian dishes! We have compiled a few recipes with a twist on the original caprese salad that combine the freshness of garden veggies with the flavor of caprese. Whether it’s for a main dish or a side dish, your guests are sure to love these delicious meals!
Cucumber Caprese Salad : By Carly
First, we have a light and fresh salad perfect for any occasion!
2 Packages of Cherry Tomatoes
2 Packages of Fresh Mozzarella Cheese
5 Leaves Basil
- Slice up your tomatoes and cucumbers, then combine into a big bowl
- Chop up the basil and Mozzarella(if it comes in a tube), and add it to the bowl
- Add about 1/8 of a cup of balsamic vinegar and olive oil; add more or less depending on taste
- Finally, season with salt, pepper, and a tiny bit of Italian seasoning or basil seasoning to taste
- Enjoy-best served fresh!
Caprese Pasta : By Brittany
This pasta will make your taste buds tingle and is super easy to prepare!
3 Teaspoons of Chopped Garlic
3 Teaspoons of Olive Oil
1 Medium Sized Zucchini
4 Cups Cherry Tomatoes
1/2-1 Box of Noodles
Mozzarella Cheese for Topping
4 Leaves of Basil
- In a warm pot sauté 1 medium and several tsp garlic in olive several tbs of olive oil until tender. Add 1 medium sized zucchini cubed and cook until tender.
- Lastly add 4 leaves of basil and 4 cups cherry tomatoes ( or however many you have in your garden). Stir the tomatoes until they start to pop open.
- Meanwhile in another pot boils noodles and set aside.
- When all ingredients are ready combine noodles and vegetables add olive oil and mozzarella cheese to preference. That’s it and enjoy!
Caprese Mac & Cheese : By Michelle
This mac & cheese is show stopping! Basil adds the perfect amount of grown-up taste to this rich and creamy dish! Perfect cozy meal for a crisp fall day!
16oz box of penne noodles (or whatever kind you have on hand)
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
3 tablespoons flour
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup whole milk
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
8 oz fresh mozzarella, shredded or diced
salt/pepper to taste
1/2 lb Roma tomatoes, diced
1/3 cup basil, chopped
- Heat oven to 375º
- Cook noodles according to the directions on the box
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter and diced onions over medium heat
- Cook 3-4 minutes or until onions start to soften and become clear
- Slowly stir in flour, careful to keep stirring
- Add heavy cream and milk slowly, allowing the roux to smooth out, making sure all lumps are gone, before adding more
- After all the dairy has been mixed in, let simmer for a couple minutes
- Add your tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper
- Reduce heat to low and add parmesan and mozzarella and stir until cheeses are melted
- Stir in cooked pasta
- Add mixture to a large baking dish (9×13)
- Bake in 375º oven for 15-20 minutes
- Let sit 5 minutes before serving